Italian Eggplant Sub
|1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced|
|1 (8oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|red wine vinegar|
|2 tsp dried oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 (12 inch) Italian sub rolls|
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large skillet add a little olive oil and saute the eggplant until cooked through, turning once. About 3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the sandwich, place the sauteed eggplant evenly over the 2 sub rolls, then top with the sliced mozzarella and roasted red peppers.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.