Italian Eggplant Sub
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 (8oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 (12 inch) Italian sub rolls
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large skillet add a little olive oil and saute the eggplant until cooked through, turning once. About 3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the sandwich, place the sauteed eggplant evenly over the 2 sub rolls, then top with the sliced mozzarella and roasted red peppers.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.