Mussels in Black Bean Sauce
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 inch piece of fresh gimger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs black bean sauce
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 20 cooked mussels
- 2 scallions, cut into fine rings
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Cook the ginger, garlic, and chili along with the black bean sauce for a few seconds, then add the sherry and sugar and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the soy sauce and mix well.
- Place mussels in a steamer pan and stean until all of the mussels open. Discard any that donot open.
- Remove the top shell of the mussels and spoon the sauce evenly over the top.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions.