Mussels in Black Bean Sauce
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 inch piece of fresh gimger, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped|
|1 tbs black bean sauce|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|2 tsp dark soy sauce|
|20 cooked mussels|
|2 scallions, cut into fine rings|
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Cook the ginger, garlic, and chili along with the black bean sauce for a few seconds, then add the sherry and sugar and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the soy sauce and mix well.
- Place mussels in a steamer pan and stean until all of the mussels open. Discard any that donot open.
- Remove the top shell of the mussels and spoon the sauce evenly over the top.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions.