Oriental Pasta Salad
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain the pasta in a colander.
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl then add the pasta water and butter. Stir to coat, then set aside.
- In a measuring cup add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sherry and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add 1 tsp of kosher salt and bring to a boil.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Add each vegetable to the boiling water individually and remove as soon as they float.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool completely.
- To serve place the cooked pasta in a serving bowl and pour the soy sauce mixture over, then top with the vegetables and gently mix.
- Taste for seasoning and re season with salt and pepper if necessary.