|2 dozen little neck clams (in the shell)|
|1/2 stick of unsalted butter|
|1 tbs oregano|
|1/4 lb shaved fresh Parmesan cheese|
|black pepper to taste|
|1 cup dry white wine|
This is a dish where half shell little neck clams are topped with a little butter, oregano and parmesan cheese then steamed in white wine.
- Open the clams, reserving as much juice as possible.
- Using a sharp knife loosen the clam from the bottom shell, and place the clam back into the shell.
- Season the clams with black pepper and oregano, then top with a shaving of the Parmesan cheese.
- In a large sauce pan that has a lid, add the white wine and the clams with the clams facing upward and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and allow the clams to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the Parmesan melts.