Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheese Cake
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 and 1/2 cups ginger snap cookies, crushed|
|1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts|
|1 and 1/4 cups Mascarpone cheese|
|3/4 cups farmers cheese, or drained cottage cheese|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|3 tbs confectioners sugar|
|9 oz white chocolate|
|1 and 1/3 cup fresh raspberries|
|1/2 cup mascarpone cheese|
|1/3 cup farmers or drained cottage cheese|
|White chocolate curls and raspberries for garnish|
|confectioners sugar to taste, if desired|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan over a low heat, then stir in the crushed ginger snaps and nuts.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- To make the filling, beat together the mascarpone and farmers cheese in a bowl, then beat in the eggs and the confectioners sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Break up the white chocolate and melt it gently in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barley simmering water.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the cheese mixture and bently fold in the raspberries.
- Tip the filling into the spring form pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until just set.
- Turn off the oven but do not remove the cheesecake. Leave it until cold and completely set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven then remove the spring form pan and gently place the cheese cake on a platter.
- Make the topping by mixing the mascarpone and farmers cheese in a bowl and spread over the cheese cake. You may sweeten the topping if desired.
- Garnish the cheese cake with white chocolate curls and fresh raspberries.