- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tbs garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (12oz) bottle of beer
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs tequila
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is full flavored garlic sauce with a special kick that works especially well spooned over chicken or fish or just served with tortilla chips.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large saucepan along with the onions, garlic and jalapenos and cook using medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beer, brown sugar and simmer until the mixture is thick. About 20-30 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add the bowl of a food processor or blender along with the lime juice, cilantro and tequila. Puree until smooth.