Shrimp and Pepper Jack Enchiladas
|1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|1 lb pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp cumin|
|1 tbs chili powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|8 corn tortillas|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
- Add the vegetable oil to a saute pan and add the onions and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl add the tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave or over a gas flame, just to make pliable.
- Divide the shrimp evenly on top of the tortillas along with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly.
- Add some of the tomato sauce to the bottom of a glass baking dish, then add the rolled tortillas.
- Top with the remaining tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped cilantro.