Smoked Trout Pasta Salad
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 cup fennel bulb, minced|
|6 spring onions, 2 minced and the rest sliced|
|1/2 lb smoked trout, skinless and flaked|
|3 tbs fresh dill, chopped|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tsp fresh lemon juice|
|2 tbs whipping cream|
|4 cups small pasta shells|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|fresh dill sprigs for garnish|
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the fennel and minced spring onions and cook for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the sliced spring onions, trout, dill mayonnaise, lemon juice and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then gently mix well.
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions, drain and let cool.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables and trout mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.