Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus
- 4 cans of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1 lb)
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- kosher salt to taste
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, allow them to cool completely.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, discard the skins and cut them into chunks.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until very smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve with pita chips and or fresh vegetables for dipping.