Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus
|4 cans of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1 lb)|
|2 sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)|
|2 tbs tahini|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|juice of 2 lemons|
|1 tbs smoked paprika|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 tsp ground coriander|
|kosher salt to taste|
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, allow them to cool completely.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, discard the skins and cut them into chunks.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until very smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve with pita chips and or fresh vegetables for dipping.