Spicy Cucumber Tomato Salad
|2 medium cucumbers|
|1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced|
|3 tsp kosher salt|
|dash of black pepper|
|1 large clove garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs lime juice|
|1 or 2 tsp hot red pepper, seeded and minced|
|2 tsp extra virgin olive oil|
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into halves lenghwise.
- Scrape out the seeds.
- Chop the cucumbers coarsely and mix with the tomatoes and salt.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, the drain thoroughly.
- Toss with lime juice, olive oil, garlic and hot peppers.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.