Spicy Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 or 2 tsp hot red pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into halves lenghwise.
- Scrape out the seeds.
- Chop the cucumbers coarsely and mix with the tomatoes and salt.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes, the drain thoroughly.
- Toss with lime juice, olive oil, garlic and hot peppers.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.