Strawberry Balsamic Ricotta Bruschetta
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs honey
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- non stick cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tbs chopped basil
- 2 tbs balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the tortillas evenly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and cut each tortilla into 4 equal strips and set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the diced strawberries and chopped basil, then set aside.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly across the tortilla strips and drizzle each with balsamic glaze, layer with arugula greens, the strawberry mixture and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
- To make the balsamic glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a sauce pan and using medium heat, reduce until a glaze forms.