Tomato Mozzarella Salad with fresh Basil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced into rounds in rows on a large platter or on 6 salad plates
- 6 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Italian rustic bread sliced
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices on individual salad plates or on a large platter.
- Arrange them artfully, a tomato slice, a mozzarella slice on top of each other and so forth.
- Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange some basil leaves over the salad.