Pasta withTomato Salsa Cruda
- 1 and 1/2 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 lb fresh pasta
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Basil for garnish
This sauce works well with fresh pasta.
- Mash together the tomatoes with 3 tbs of olive oil, garlic cloves and chopped basil.
- Add the jalapeno if using.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour before using.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is done add to 2 serving plates, then top with fresh basil leaves.