Pasta withTomato Salsa Cruda
|1 and 1/2 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)|
|1/2 cup chopped basil|
|1/2 lb fresh pasta|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Basil for garnish|
This sauce works well with fresh pasta.
- Mash together the tomatoes with 3 tbs of olive oil, garlic cloves and chopped basil.
- Add the jalapeno if using.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour before using.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is done add to 2 serving plates, then top with fresh basil leaves.