- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
This is a chef’s secret that you will surely enjoy. This tomato water is perfect for dressing salads of tomatoes and or fresh crispy vegetable platters. The key is to use the ripest tomatoes that you can find.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks and add to a food process or with the salt and puree in batches until you have smooth mixture
- Place the mixture in a fine wire mesh strainer placed over a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl loosely and allow the puree to drain for 24 hours.
- The juice will be very pale, but is full of wonderful flavor.
- Add the juice to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Use the juice to dress vegetable salad platters.
- You may use along with extra virgin olive if desired, but the tomato water is full of flavor on its own.
- Use any tomato puree that does not drain in marinara sauce or in chilli etc.
- Tomato water will keep for about 2 weeks refrigerated.