Tortilla Cones with Smoked Salmon and Farmers Cheese
|1/2 cup soft farmers Cheese ( you may substitued drained cottage cheese)|
|2 tbs fresh dill, chopped|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1 small red onion|
|1 tbs capers, drained|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/4 lb smoked ssalmon, sliced|
|8 small flour tortillas|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Lemon wedges for serving|
- Place the cheese in a bowl and mix in half the chopped dill along with a little salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Reserve the remaining lemon juice in a seperate mixing bowl.
- Finely mince the onion, then add the onion, capers and olive oil to the lemon juice in the mixing bowl.
- Add the parsley and the remaining dill and gently combine.
- cut the smoked salmon into short thin strips and add to the red onion mixture.
- Toss to mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread a little of the soft cheese on each tortilla and top with the smoked salmon mixture.
- Roll up the tortillas into cones and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Arrange on a serving plate and add some lemon wedges for squeezing.