Virgin Islands Curry Sauce
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 small carrot, peeled and minced|
|1 small stalk celery, chopped|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
|1 tbs ap flour|
|2 tbs curry powder|
|1 cup beef stock|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup coconut milk|
|1 tsp lime juice|
This is a curry sauce that is typical to the Virgin Islands. It can be used to drape over fish, chicken or your meat of choice.
- In a sauce pan heat the buter and saute the onon, carrot and celery until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the curry powder, ginger and flour and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and stock, season with salt and pepper, mix, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.