Virgin Islands Curry Sauce
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbs ap flour
- bay leaf
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
This is a curry sauce that is typical to the Virgin Islands. It can be used to drape over fish, chicken or your meat of choice.
- In a sauce pan heat the buter and saute the onon, carrot and celery until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the curry powder, ginger and flour and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and stock, season with salt and pepper, mix, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.