Apple Pie Cheesecake
|1/4 cup unsalted butter melted|
|1/4 cup walnuts|
|1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tbs light brown sugar|
|2 medium firm tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 cup sugar|
|24 oz cream cheese softened|
|6 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|2 cups ginger snaps, crushed|
This recipe combines to favorite desserts into and unbelievable delicious explosion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10 inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together ginger snaps with 6 tbs of unsalted butter (crust)
- Press into the bottom of the pan.
- Wrap the outside of the pan with foil, then bake for 5-7 minutes until the crust sets.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolks and cream, 2 tbs of flour and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Toss apples with 1 tbs of brown sugar and cinnamon until lightly coated.
- Pour half of the filling into the crust, then arrange apples over the filling, overlapping slightly.
- Pour the rest of the filling into the pan, the arrange the remaining apples over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, the nuts and 1/4 cup of melted butter. (topping)
- Sprinkle over the cake and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.