Asian Chicken and Corn Soup
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, chopped fine
- 1 (16 oz) can creamed corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 3 tbs water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Beat egg whites until moist peaks form.
- Fold in chopped chicken and reserve.
- Process 1 cup of the broth and 1 cup of the corn in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine in a 2 quart saucepan with the remaining corn, broth, and garlic.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and heat slowly.
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Add the the soup and cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken and egg white mixture and blend well.
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, but do not boil. About 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.