Asian Orange Chicken
- 1 orange
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Peel orange, removing all white pith and cut into quarter wedges, reserving juice.
- Place a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the oil.
- When hot, add chicken and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour in the vinegar, orange juice, water.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil, and ginger.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir and continue to cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Serve over rice.