Asian Sugar Snap Peas with Water Chestnuts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3/4 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tbs shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place a wok of large frying pan over medium heat, add oil.
- When hot, add the pea pods, shallots and water chestnuts.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: If desired you may add the meat of your choice. Thinly slice, then stir fry before the vegetables. When cooked through, remove the meat with a slotted spoon, then add the vegetables with a little more oil, cook for 1 minute then add back the meat and cook for another minute.