Asparagus and Potato Quinoa Salad with Orange Parsley Dressing
|1 lb red fingerling potatoes|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds|
|1 cup uncooked quiona|
|1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed|
|1 tbs honey|
|3 tbs fresh orange juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish|
|4 fresh chives, chopped|
|1 tsp fresh orange zest, for garnish|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside and cool.
- In a large pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add the quiona and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the asparagus. Let cook for 1 minute, then remove from water and add the asparagus to an ice bath to cool.
- Remove from heat drain if necessary, then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cook.
- Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, and add to a large bowl with the quinoa and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, orange juice, salt, pepper and oil.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and asparagus mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley, chives and orange zest.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Council