- 2 lbs Idaho potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, about 5 cups
- 3-4 tbs melted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup fresh or panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 and 1/2 quart casserole with butter.
- Arrange sliced potatoes in layers.
- Sprinkle each layer with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Top evenly with grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission