Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar and Butter
- 1 lb bacon, strips cut into thirds
- 1 lb lil’ smokies (sausage)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the bacon in thirds and wrap each smokie.
- Place the smokies cut side down in a single layer in a foil lined baking dish.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter with 1 cup of brown sugar and stir to combine well.
- Pour the mixture over the bacon.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of brown sugar over the smokies.
- Bake fir 15-20 minutes, then turn up the heat to 400 degrees and cook for about 5 minutes longer or until the bacon becomes crispy.