Barley Blueberry Salad with Blue Cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced on bias
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and barley to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes until most of the water is absorbed and the barley is tender.
- Drain any remaining water and transfer cooked barley to a large bowl and cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.