Barley Blueberry Salad with Blue Cheese
|2 cups water|
|1/2 cup pearl barley|
|1 cup blueberries|
|1 cup chopped tomatoes|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/4 cup scallions, sliced on bias|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and barley to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes until most of the water is absorbed and the barley is tender.
- Drain any remaining water and transfer cooked barley to a large bowl and cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.