Blueberry Coffee Cake
|2 cups sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1/4 lb cream cheese|
|1 egg white|
|3 cups flour|
|2 cups fresh blueberries|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 lb vanilla yogurt|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup powdered sugar|
|4 tsp lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease and flour a large fluted tube pan or bundt pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add the eggs and egg white and beat well.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl.
- Remove 2 tbs of the flour and toss with the blueberries in a small bowl.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl with the flour.
- Start adding the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternating with some yogurt.
- When the flour and yogurt are added, add the vanilla and then carefully fold into the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, until browned, risen and not jiggly in the center.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- If desired drizzle the glaze over the cake before serving.