Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 lb cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 lb vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease and flour a large fluted tube pan or bundt pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add the eggs and egg white and beat well.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl.
- Remove 2 tbs of the flour and toss with the blueberries in a small bowl.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl with the flour.
- Start adding the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternating with some yogurt.
- When the flour and yogurt are added, add the vanilla and then carefully fold into the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, until browned, risen and not jiggly in the center.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- If desired drizzle the glaze over the cake before serving.