Bread and Butter Pickles
This is a recipe from Andrew Zimmern These pickles are perfect for sandwiches.
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp whole mustard seeds
- 1 and 1/2 lbs cucumbers
- 1 and 1/2 tbs kosher salt
- 1 cup sweet onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Slice cucumbers to about 1/8 inch.
- Combine with salt and chill for 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a simmer and dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Add cucumbers to a jar and pour the vinegar mixture over and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate.