Cajun Rice with Chicken Livers
|1/2 lb chicken livers|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp Cajun seasoning|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 tbs chicken stock|
|2 tsp ground sage|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs brandy|
|2 cups cooked rice|
- Clean chicken livers, removing any veins and cut into quarters.
- Place a large skillet over high heat and add 1 tbs of oil.
- When hot add livers and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean and place over medium heat.
- Add a little more oil, add onion and saute for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with chicken stock, cover and steam for another 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high, and stir in 1 tbs of oil and the chicken livers.
- Sprinkle with sage and sugar, stir until heated through.
- Add brandy, cover and steam until brandy has evaporated.
- Add rice, stir until heated through.