|3 tbs olive oil|
|3 large onions, diced|
|3/4 cup cashew butter (sold beside peanut butter)|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|2 and 1/2 cups water|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This is a unconventional delicious gravy, that works well with chicken, meat loaf or pork.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until caramel in color, stirring occasionally. About 20 minutes.
- As the onions become darker, stir more frequently.
- Add the cashew butter, soy sauce, water, salt and pepper, and cook until heated through. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.