Chicken with Snow Peas and Oyster Sauce
|1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves|
|6 tbs vegetable oil|
|3 tbs oyster sauce|
|1 tbs dark soy sauce|
|1/2 cup chicken stock|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced|
|2 garlic cloves, sliced|
|1/4 lb snow peas|
|1 tsp corn starch|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper taste|
- Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 3 tbs oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the chicken and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. About 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken and stir unti thoroughly combined.
- Slice the mushrooms and heat the rremaining il in the wok and stir fry the garlic over high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken mixture, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tbs of water.
- Remove the wok or frying pan from the heat and stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Return to the heat, add the sesame oil, and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice.