Chinese Chicken Stock
- 3 lbs bony chicken pieces, necks, backs and or wings
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarter sized slices of fresh ginger
- 2 whole scallions, cut in half
- Dash kosher salt
- combine the chicken pieces, water, ginger and scallions in a large saucepan and bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 2 hours, skimming off and foam the rises to the top as you cook.
- Strain through an cheese cloth lined wire mesh strainer for a clearer stock. Cool before refrigerating.
- May be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or frozen for 1 month.