Cornish Hens with Pistachio Raisin Stuffing
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Add raisins and cognac to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then drain raisins.
- Saute raisins and shallots in the butter until shallots are translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in rice and pistachios.
- Fill the cavity of each hen with stuffing.
- Place hens in a roasting pan and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until hens are cooked through.