Easy Vegetable Soup
|3 tbs olive oil|
|2 carrots, peeled sliced and quartered|
|2 small zucchini, sliced and quartered|
|1 small onion, diced|
|2 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 cups water, divided|
|4 oz tomato sauce|
|1 cup small pasta, rollatini or small shells work well|
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, zucchini and onion and cook until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add 3 cups of water and the tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Add the remaining water, turn up the heat slightly, then add the pasta.
- Cook until softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.