Easy Vegetable Soup
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled sliced and quartered
- 2 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups water, divided
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup small pasta, rollatini or small shells work well
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, zucchini and onion and cook until tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add 3 cups of water and the tomato sauce.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Add the remaining water, turn up the heat slightly, then add the pasta.
- Cook until softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.