Fish Cakes with Herbs
- 3/4 lb haddock or cod fillet
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 and 3/4 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 and 1/3 cups bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Puree the fish in a blender or food processor with the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the milk, herbs and potatoes until evenly blended.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Add about 1/2 inch of oil into a large frying pan and using medium heat fry the fish cakes, turning once until golden on both sides. About 3-4 minutes per side.