Fudgey Caramel Brownies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbs milk
- Melt 1 cup chocolate morsels and butter in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat, then stir in eggs.
- Add flour, sugar, vanilla and baking soda and stir to combine well.
- Spread batter into a greased 13×9 inch baking pan.
- sprinkle with the remaining chocolate morsels and nuts.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out slightly sticky.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels for about 1 minute, stir, then microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals and stir until very smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm brownies.
- Cool in pan over a wire rack.
- Makes 2 dozen brownies.