Grilled Bananas with Rum
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup light rum
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and 1 tbs of rum.
- Refrigerate until chilled or ready to use.
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Cut bananas lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise.
- When the pan is hot, add bananas, cut side down and cook for 30 seconds.
- The slices will be moist and flecked with brown.
- Turn and cook other side until bananas are hot through the center.
- Pour in the remaining 3 tbs of rum and turn banana slices quickly and cook for a few seconds more.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Using a spatula, arrange 4 banana pieces on each of 4 dessert plates.
- Top each serving with about 2 tbs of the chilled yogurt mixture.