- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tsp coffee granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash ground cloves
- dash ginger
This is a traditional cake that is served for the Jewish new year.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, honey and oil and beat until well combined.
- Mix in the coffee mix and orange juice concentrate and sugar, and combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Add the a mixing bowl and mix at low speed until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake before serving.