Idaho Mashed Potato Medley
- 4 lbs Idaho potatoes
- 6 tbs butter
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Peel potatoes and add to a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Mash potatoes and add all ingredients and combine well.
- Serve with butter and gravy.
Saffron mashed potatoes:
- Combine a pinch of saffron threads in 1/2 cup of water, chicken stock, white wine or milk.
- Add to a sauce pan and reduce until the mixture reaches the desired color.
- For each cup of mashed potatoes add 2 tsp of the saffron reduction.
Spinach and Feta Mashed Potatoes:
- For each cut of mashed potatoes and 1 and 1/2 tsp of chopped spinach and 1 tsp of crumbled feta.
Mexican Mashed Potatoes:
- For each cut of mashed potatoes add 1 tsp chopped green onions, 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp cumin and 2 tsp tomato juice or salsa. If desired, add cooked corn kernels, minced chorizo or diced avocado.
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission