|1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips|
|1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|2 tbs rice wine|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/4 lb firm tofu, blotted dry|
|1 large onion chopped|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|8 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 sweet potato, cut into thin slices|
|1 turnip, cut in thin slices|
|2 cups bok choy or Napa cabbage, shredded|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Using a meat mallet lightly pound the steak to help tenderize.
- In a small bowl, stir together broth, wine, and 1 tsp sugar.
- Cut tofu into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place a wok or large saute pan over medium heat then add the broth mixture.
- Bring to a simmer, add the onion, garlic, scallions, sweet potato and turnips.
- Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tofu and bok choy or cabbage.
- Place the beef strips over vegetables, then sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Cover and steam for 1 minute or until beef is lightly browned.
- Toss the beef and vegetables together.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper to taste.