Loaded Baked” Idaho Potato Salad
- 4 Idaho potatoes, washed baked and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 potato skins, fried and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 tbs chives, sliced
- 2 tbs scallions
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tbs basil
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl prepare the dressing by mixing the sour cream, creme fraiche, lemon juice, basil, Dijon, chili powder, and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes, skins, bacon, chives, cheddar cheese.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission