Mexican Style Corn Relish
- 1 (12 oz) can of Mexican style whole kernel corn
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a sauce pan, blend the cornstarch and water over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring until mixture thickens and boils.
- Chill covered for at least 1 hour.