Open Faced Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, One red, yellow and purple
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil.
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
The flavor of heirloom tomatoes is incomparable. This open faced sandwich uses a variety of heirloom tomatoes. Yellow, red and purple. It is served on ciabatta bread and simply dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the ciabatta rolls in half, then toast them in the oven or toaster.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/8 inch slices.
- Alternately place the tomoatoes on each of the 4 ciabatta slices. (red, yellow, purple.
- Drizzle each sandwich with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.