Orange Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbs triple sec
- 2 cups biscuit mix (bisquick)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Combine biscuit mix and he next 3 ingredients, stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 4 or 5 times.
- Place dough on a lightly greased baking sheet and press into a 7 x 3/4 inch round.
- Bake at 425 degrees or until done.
- Carefully remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Add sour cream and beat until firm peaks form.
- Split biscuit round in half horizontally, then place on a serving plate.
- Drain fruit, reserving 2 tbs of the liquid.
- Spoon 2/3 of fruit on the bottom round, then drizzle with reserved liquid.
- Spoon half of whipped cream mixture over the fruit, then add the top round.
- Top with remaining fruit and whipped cream.