- 2 heatproof quart glass jars with 2 part lids
- 10 pickling cucumbers
- 4 large sprigs fresh dill
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 allspice berries
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 and 1/3 cups white vinegar
- 1 and 1/3 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- Wash the jars and lids in hot, soapy water, then rinse in hot water.
- Wash cucumbers, slice into spears and pack tightly into jars.
- Divide dill, garlic, onions, bay leaves, allspice and mustard seeds between jars and tuck into spaces between cucumbers.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve solids.
- Pour hot liquid into jars to cover cucumbers.
- Cap jars tightly and allow to cool at room temperature, then place jars in the refrigerator.
- Serve after 1 week or continue to store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.