|2 heatproof quart glass jars with 2 part lids|
|10 pickling cucumbers|
|4 large sprigs fresh dill|
|4 large cloves garlic, sliced|
|1/2 small onion, thinly sliced|
|2 bay leaves|
|10 allspice berries|
|1 tsp mustard seeds|
|1 and 1/3 cups white vinegar|
|1 and 1/3 cups water|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tbs granulated sugar|
- Wash the jars and lids in hot, soapy water, then rinse in hot water.
- Wash cucumbers, slice into spears and pack tightly into jars.
- Divide dill, garlic, onions, bay leaves, allspice and mustard seeds between jars and tuck into spaces between cucumbers.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve solids.
- Pour hot liquid into jars to cover cucumbers.
- Cap jars tightly and allow to cool at room temperature, then place jars in the refrigerator.
- Serve after 1 week or continue to store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.