Roasted Eggplant Dip
|1 head garlic|
|1 medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes, with skin|
|1 red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 and 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|2 tbs tomato paste|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggplant, red onion, red bell peppers, 2 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and roast for 45-55 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, cut 1/4 inch off the pointed top of the garlic head and place in a small baking dish, cut side up and drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Roast for about 45 minutes until the garlic cloves are soft and golden brown.
- Cool roasted vegetables slightly and place in a food processor.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves, tomato paste and lemon juice.
- Pulse to combine and make a smooth mixture.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with chips or crusty bread.