Roasted Pork Loin with Apricot Glaze
|4 lbs pork loin|
|4-5 cloves garlic|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped|
|2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped|
|for the glaze|
|6 oz dried apricots|
|1/4 cup brown sugar or honey|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|1/8 tsp mace|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|pinch cayenne pepper|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
- Cut each garlic clove into 4 pieces.
- Make slits evenly around pork loin and insert garlic pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub pork loin with salt and pepper then sprinkle evenly with rosemary and thyme.
- Place loin on a rack in roasting pan and roast uncovered for about 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan, cover apricots with water and cook until tender. Pour off excess water.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the apricots, brown sugar or honey, mustard, nutmeg, mace, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- About 30 minutes before loin is completely cooked, coat meat with a thick coating of the glaze and finish cooking the meat.
- The meat is done it will register 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Before serving sprinkle the pork with chopped parsley.