Sesame Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 lb snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 8 water chestnuts, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 and 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- dash red pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, onion, sesame seed, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Mix sherry, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in the bowl of a food processor and mix to combine.
- Gradually add the oils, pulseing constantly until mixture is emulsified.
- Add the hot pepper flakes to taste.
- Pour mixture over the chicken, mix well and serve chilled or at room temperature.