Sesame Chicken Salad
|2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/4 inch strips|
|1/2 lb snow peas, sliced diagonally|
|8 water chestnuts, sliced|
|4 scallions, sliced on a bias|
|1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 and 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs dark soy sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
|dash red pepper flakes|
- Combine the chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, onion, sesame seed, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Mix sherry, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in the bowl of a food processor and mix to combine.
- Gradually add the oils, pulseing constantly until mixture is emulsified.
- Add the hot pepper flakes to taste.
- Pour mixture over the chicken, mix well and serve chilled or at room temperature.