Spicy Grilled Halibut with Mango and Cucumber Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbs lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets, skin on
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- To make the salsa combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
- To prepare the fish brush all sides with oil, then rub with Cajun season on the white meat side.
- Grill the fish skin side down over a medium hot charcoal fire or stove top grill.
- Turn the fish over when it is halfway cooked through about 4 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Continue to cook until fish flakes easily.
- To serve place fish on plates and garnish with the salsa.