Toasted Sesame Seed Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Icing
|2 3/4 cups flour|
|2 tsp cream tatar|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp salt|
|2 sticks unsalted butter, softened|
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided|
|2 oz bitter sweet chocolate, melted|
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, then gradually beat in the flour mixture and 1/4 cup of the sesame seeds on low speed.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll remaining 3/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- Place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate and let stand until chocolate sets.