Basil Seafood Salad
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 3 squid, cleaned and sliced into rings</span>
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced on a bias
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 lb radicchio, julienne
- Place water, wine, salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Poach shrimp in the liquid until they just turn pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Poach the bay scallops in the same liquid for 1 minute, remove and set aside.
- Poach the shrimp in the same liquid for 1 minute, remove and set aside.
- In a separate bowl make vinaigrette by whisking olive oil into lemon juice.
- Add scallions and basil, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper. Mix well.
- Toss 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette with the seafood and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, toss remaining vinaigrette with lettuce and radicchio.
- Divide lettuce among 8 plates and top with marinated seafood.