Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin (about 3 lbs)
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 2 tbs brandy
- Roast tenderloin at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes until medium rare or to desired doneness.
- Cook bacon until crisp and reserve.
- Saute mushrooms, scallions and parsley in butter until lightly browned.
- Add brandy and heat through, then stir in bacon.
- Cut tenderloin on an angle int 1 inch thick slices, then spoon warm mushroom sauce over each slice.